Become a Contributor
We are thrilled that you are considering becoming a contributor for Happily Married Couples. It is our hope that you are able to share your wisdom and insight from your personal experience with the couples who make up the Happily Married Couples community.
What kind of content do we accept?
Simply put, we accept content that is geared toward helping our readers. Your submission should be concerned with issues relating to marriage, relationships, parenting or any representation of the aforementioned topics in pop culture. The following are types of content that will be beneficial to our readers:
- First-person account (broadened to fit the needs of our audience)
- List format (“7 Ways to…”, “6 Signs That….”)
- Reflection on a current news story (“How An Extended Coronavirus Quarantine Will Help Your Marriage”)
- Interview with relationship/parenting expert
- Problem/Solution format (Show our readers how to solve a specific problem)
Please do not include any advertisement, or anything that would be the equivalent of a sponsored post. If you’d like to discuss advertising or sponsoring one of our events or podcast episodes, please complete our contact form here.
- Your post must be original and have never been posted on the Internet or in print.
- You agree not to publish your post anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You may post a brief “teaser” or summary of your post on your site with a link to the post. We highly recommend this.
- Your post must include your byline, with up to three links (links are optional): one link to your blog or web site, one link to your bio or About page, and one to a social media profile.
- Your post should be at least 400 words, and no more than 800 words.
- If necessary, we may edit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If we make major changes (which we doubt will be needed), we will email the post back to you for review and approval before posting.
- We may provide a short intro or conclusion to your post to share why we think your post is important. Our intro or conclusion will be separated from yours, so the readers will know that they are our thoughts, and not yours.
If your post meets the above guidelines please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
We are not obligated to approve or publish your guest post. If we reject your post, we will notify you, and you will be free to do what you want with the post. This includes publishing it elsewhere on the Web or in print.